Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The last straw...

Tuesday was the last night of the pumpkin walk, so Wednesday after school Griffin and I went up to take down and clean up the cornstalk fence.  A couple of his friends came to help for a bit and Carson helped for a while.  We loaded the trailer a couple of times and then drove over to the green waste to unload it.  By the end of the night it had gotten dark and it was just Griffin and I.  I was exhausted and my back was killing me.  I tweaked it earlier trying to get the trailer hitched.  When we finally got home, I realized my phone was missing.  I called Clint in tears and he came home to look for it.  He ran back up to the green waste site and found my poor phone on the ground...apparently it had fallen out of my pocket while we were unloading and then I had proceeded to run over it with the trailer.  It was just one of those days were everything seemed to be going wrong. 


Thankfully, though, the Eagle Project was finished and I didn't have to touch another cornstalk for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment