Monday, July 30, 2018

Foot update . . .

I haven't felt like I should run on my foot since the 4th, but decided I needed to get my legs moving if I was going to be ready for the marathon in October so I went on a LONG bike ride Friday morning.  My bum was SOOO sore!  So I decided I needed to pull an Ethan and took a trip to DI and sure enough, I found myself a pair of padded bike shorts!  Sweet!  I went on another ride on Saturday and it was MUCH better.  This morning I rode from home to the top of Green Canyon (on the road....I'm not skilled enough for single track) and back.  I think I prefer paved road.  It was sooo nice to get back on it after bumping up and down the road to the top of Green.  


After a week of biking I was hoping I might feel like I could run again, but my foot was still not feeling better, so with the trail 1/2 coming up, I decided I had better go have it looked at to determine if I should run or not.  Our neighbor, Daniel Huff, is a podiatrist so I went in to see him and see if he could tell me what was going on with my foot.  Turns out it is a bone bruise . . . so no running for another 2-3 weeks if I want it to have a chance of healing in time to get some marathon training in before the big day.  Such a bummer that I have to miss out on the Palisades race.  There's always next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment