Sunday, July 8, 2018

Freedom Run and 4th of July fun

Wednesday  morning Carson and I got up bright and early to go to the freedom run.  We picked up my friend, SueAnn, and headed to Hyrum for the big event!  Carson's goal was to run under an hour again and he did it.....even with a potty stop.....2nd year in a row.  My goal was 1:30, and I did it!  1:29!  I ran with my trail running friend Melanie Carlson and she pushed her son, Crew.  He has cerebral palsy.  He weighs 75 lbs and she pushed him the whole way!  Amazing!!  I helped her up the hill a little, but that was it.  Clint, Katelyn, and Griffin were there to cheer us in.  We chilled at the finish line for a while, then Clint took me back up the course to find my friend SueAnn so I could finish the walk with her.  We got to her JUST as she was coming up on the big hill.  Perfect timing!  I walked the last 2.5 miles with her and she beat the time we predicted for her!  She walked it in 3 1/2 hours.  It was a huge accomplishment!  One of the cute families from our ward was there with posters for her.  Clint had gone and picked up SueAnn's mom so she could watch her finish.  SueAnn also has some friends from Bountiful that run it every year, and Katelyn, Carson, and Griffin were there cheering her on too.  It was a special day for her!

Carson coming in to the finish

Melanie, Crew, and I coming in to finish
  


Carson with his friends haha... Austin Hunt, Carson, and Ethan Fullmer
SueAnn coming in to the finish!

SueAnn and I with her friends from Bountiful, the Egnew's
SueAnn with the Chadwick family

SueAnn!  I'm so proud of her.  She set a difficult goal, worked hard to prepare, and crushed it!

After we got home from the race, Katelyn and Clint needed to go out on runs (their preparing for a trail 1/2 we are doing at the end of the month.  Katelyn didn't really want to, so I went with her.  That was a mistake.  Afterward my foot started hurting and I was hobbling around the rest of the day.

This is what Carson ended up doing for the afternoon.....sleeping on the recliner backwards?  haha


We couldn't decide what to do for the evening (typical) so we ended up just deciding to stay home, cook burgers, and play some games.  It was relaxing and fun.  SueAnn and her mom brought us over some root beer floats.  yummy!

We did a few of our own fireworks in our backyard, then Carson went to Lewiston with some friends for the fireworks, I fell asleep sitting on the couch, and Clint went up on the roof with Katelyn and Griffin to watch the fireworks around the valley.

Sparklers!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment